I am posting today to spread the word about a wonderful program in the North Carolina Women's Prison System. It's called MATCH which stands for Mothers and Their Children. MATCH is a program that is run entirely by volunteers and donations. You can go and to the following link to learn more: http://www.mothersandtheirchildren.org/.
I had already been exposed to the women prison through serving as a small group bible study shepherd for a few years. So, I already knew about the women's prison environment. It was exciting to help these women learn to study God's word and learn about a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When I realized that the prison also had a program for children I was ecstatic! To be able to make a difference in the lives of their children as well? What an opportunity to reach into the next generation and make a kingdom difference.
Would you be willing to make a difference in the life of a child? You can help by donating money, gas cards, toys for the birthday closet, or by donating your time to sit in on a visit with a mother and her children. This would be a great project for a ladies ministry or small group to take one.
These children by no fault of their own are living each and everyday seperated from their mothers. That just breaks my heart. Thank you for prayerfully considering how you can help. Go to the link above.
In Christ,

No comments:
Post a Comment