Weaving God's Word Into The Lives of Others

Weaving God's Word Into The Lives of Others
ONE THREAD AT A TIME

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Overwhelmed, Over-worked and Over-run!

Are you feeling overwhelmed, over-worked and over-run? 

We all go through seasons like this in our lives.  This year in 2013 I want to be overwhelmed by my God and Savior Jesus Christ!  I want to be over-worked for Jesus Christ and His kingdom!  It is not my desire to be over-run in my daily life or my calendar by "good" things and miss out on God's "best"!  Oh, how I desire to be overwhelmed by God's grace, goodness, love and mercy.  To serve Him from a place of devotion not duty!   That is my heart's cry in 2013.  

According to Merriam-Webster's definition, overwhelm means to:  1 : upset, overthrow : to cover over completely : submerge : to overcome by superior force or numbers : to overpower in thought or feeling. 

Synonyms: crush, devastate, floor, grind (down), oppress, overcome, overmaster, overpower, prostrate, snow under, swamp, whelm   -     Antonyms: drain

I want to be covered over, overpowered & drained by doing God's will in my life not following someone else's plan and becoming overwhelmed - upset, overcome by someone forcing their will and plan onto my plate!  I want to be an over comer in Christ not one who is overcome by the pressure and force of another person's plans. 

While it does cost to be a disciple and to pour out your time, money, resources, energy out into the lives of others. That is a good cost!  I'm talking about those who put pressure on you.  Assume you are on board with the plans God has laid out for their lives.  For me, when I experience this type of pushing, prodding and plotting I immediately want out!  I become what I once thought was a little rebellious but have since learned is not rebellion at all.   It is a resistance from the Holy Spirit.  He is my teacher, my comforter, my leader.  I want to walk in cadence with the Holy Spirit in my life.  I am not called to walk to someone else's drum beat! 

So, when people come to you with their plans be sure you bathe it in prayer, seek God's will for your involvement before putting your "yes on the table."  He knows the plans He has for you.  Ask Him, seek Him and knock.  He will answer. If you have developed a godly habit of praying, seeking and listening for His direction.  He will confirm it in His word.  In my life I have noticed that the Holy Spirit seems to whisper or send me little nudges before I move forward in any direction.  There is usually something on my "radar" that connects with where He is leading me.  If I have had no nudges, no whispers, nothing in the Word of God leading me to become involved in this or that I should stop and not move forward with one more step. 

Being confident in Christ sometimes means saying, no.  It is not allowing others to pressure me and overwhelm me with their plans no matter how good the plan may seem.  If it is not of God and is not bathed in prayer and led by The Lord I dare not jump on board.  The results are usually resentment, anger and depression. 

When the Lord lays something on your plate, when He orchestrates your life and fills your calendar with His plans while it is not easy, there is peace, joy and tremendous satisfaction in being obedient to His leading. 

Ask God to overwhelm you with His presence, promises, plans and peace in 2013 You will be amazed!

In the shadow of the Almighty  - Ps. 91,

No comments:

Post a Comment