This morning while reading my One Year Chronological Bible in 1 Kings Chapter 7; God showed me something of His character that I really needed to see. The whole chapter is devoted to King Solomon building his palace and the furnishings for the Temple of the Lord. I am NOT a details person. In fact, details bore me to death, unless they are related to people and their life stories. So, I was tempted to just skip over this chapter but the Holy Spirit would not let me. So, I went back and read about all the measurements, the skilled craftsmen, the type of stone and wood used to build the palace. I continued on reading about the furnishings for the Temple of God: the gold altar, the tables for the Bread of the Presence, the lamp stands and their lamps of solid gold, to burn in front of the Most Holy Place as prescribed; the flower decorations, lamps and tongs - all of purest gold, the lamp snuffers, bowls, dishes, and incense burners - all of solid gold, the doors for the entrances to the Most Holy Place and the main room of the Temple, overlaid with gold.
I thought back to Moses and how the Lord had given him exact instructions on how to build the tabernacle, the priest to offer the sacrifices, how it should be carried from place to place. So detailed! I then thouht about King David and how God had given him specific details about how the temple of the Lord should be built. David wanted to build the Temple for the Lord and even collected all of the supplies to begin building the place that God's presence would dwell. Yet, God would not allow David to move forward with it. God had another plan. He wanted David's son, King Solomon to build the Temple. David was given the privilege of preparing the way for the Temple of the Lord to be built, but Solomon was given the task to see it through. I'm not sure exactly why? I didn't study it that far out but as I read through all the measurements and the things that typically bore me; I saw clearly that my God is concerned with details.
God is a god of details! Being someone who is NOT detailed I thought...Ouch! If details are important to God then details should be important to me!
The details were important because they were a shadow of things to come, a picture of the coming Messiah. Then I thought about how, David being called to prepare the way for the Temple of the Lord to be built was much like John the Baptist from the New Testament called by God from the womb to prepare the way for the Lord Jesus Christ. He was a forerunner of Christ. How cool is that! Details are important to God. So, whether you are the one called to prepare the way or the one called to finish the job. It ALL matters to God!
So, how about you? Are you one to ignore details; so focused on the end results that you skimp and slack off on those small things you think no one will notice or that it simply doesn't matter? Details matter. The end result depends more on the details than you or I could possibly imagine. Let's pay attention to details in our homes, finances, ministries, relationships and especially in God's word.
After all God cares about every detail in our lives shouldn't we care about those details that concern His kingdom? Matthew 10:30 - And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. Psalm 147:4 - He counts the stars and calls them by name.
After all God cares about every detail in our lives shouldn't we care about those details that concern His kingdom? Matthew 10:30 - And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. Psalm 147:4 - He counts the stars and calls them by name.

No comments:
Post a Comment