Weaving God's Word Into The Lives of Others

Weaving God's Word Into The Lives of Others
ONE THREAD AT A TIME

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Are We Being the Church or Just Attending Church?

I would definitely say I am a conservative.  I typically vote Republican  because 9 times out of 10 they seem to be the ones who support the traditional (biblical) family, are against the killing of innocent lives (abortion), etc.  So, I'm not changing my conservative views.  For years though, God has begun to open up my eyes to the world all around me; to those who don't see eye to eye with my convictions on so many serious matters of conscience and morality.  There are moral absolutes I do believe in and there are things I don't believe in.  Some of those moral absolutes or biblical truths are worth dying for some are not.

I have been blessed to be at home with our children since my son was three years old.  Me and my husband decided that it would be in our children's best interest for me to be a full time stay at home Mother.  During 15 of those years we have chosen to home school our children.  There are things according to the Word of God I will not budge on in my beliefs.  Example:  Jesus Christ - the Jesus of the BIBLE not the Jesus man has re-invented to fit our mold; I believe according to the Word of God (God-breathed all of it) that Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life and NO one can come to the Father except through believing (completely trusting, depending on and living for Jesus) in Him.  I believe salvation can be found in no other but by the blood of Jesus Christ.  I believe in the Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit.  I have been saved by grace through faith -  because God gave me the gift of faith to believe I can't even take credit for that!  Faith is a gift - saving faith, sanctifying faith and faith to keep moving forward with the Lord until I see Jesus face to face. 

I believe in the Family as God ordained the family to function.  I believe in the Church (the Body of Christ) to function as God ordained it to function.  I believe that government is put in place to protect it's citizens and communities from those who would want to hurt our nation.  I have some very strong convictions.  I believe in the right for a law abiding citizen to bear arms.  I believe in the right for parents to decide what educational system is best for their children be it public school, private school or home school.  I do believe we are to love our enemy and do good to those who persecute, abuse and use us.  I do believe there is a time for peace and a time for war and all the rest. I do believe our nation has the right to protect our borders and people.   

Let me tell you what I don't believe in.   I don't believe that Marxism or Socialism or Communism is good for anyone!I don't believe that those who call themselves Christians or maybe a better word would be followers of Christ should be mean spirited.  I don't believe disagreeing with someones lifestyle that goes against my convictions of faith should be grounds for someone to call me a "hater", I do believe we should love them anyway, because Christ loved me right where I was and am.  I don't believe that true followers of Christ can ignore the cry of  what my dear friend in Christ would call "the forgotten children" and believe me there are many.  I don't believe we should be so "family" minded that we forget about those around us who aren't in a "family" atmosphere of any kind.  I don't believe we as believers and followers of Jesus Christ should hurl insults at those who think differently than we do.  I don't believe that "the church" should expect the lost to come through the doors of our churches just by knocking on their doors and shoving "heaven and hell" down their throats!  I don't believe it's right for many of us to sit in our warm, cozy pews each and every week and think we are faithful because we have taught that class for 40 years and haven't walked next door to meet our neighbor.  I don't believe it is alright to look down on others because they look different than I do or they don't dress their "Sunday Best".  

I believe if each of those true followers of Jesus Christ would not focus so much on our church buildings, budgets and beloved programs we could rock this world with the love of God Almighty.  The problem is not with this world.  The problem is with you and with me.  We are so stuck in our programs, plans, visions that we miss everyday opportunities to be disciples and make disciples as we go along the way.  We miss Jesus right in our midst.  God forgive us for looking out on the crowds or the woman behind the check out counter at Wal-Mart and not seeing another person You made in Your image.  Give us the courage, conviction and compassion to CARE more about people than we do our yearly church budgets & calendars.  Help us to BE the Church not just Go to Church!  

Psalm 91 - In the Shadow of the Almighty,

1 comment: