During the volley ball clinic I heard one of the coaches say, "focus on your target". She repeated this phrase all week. I don't know if it stuck with the players, but I can tell you it stuck with me. I kept hearing it in my head all week. The following devotion is what came from that little phrase:
Today was my youngest daughter's first day at a volleyball clinic. She thinks she might be interested in playing on our local homeschooling volleyball team in the fall so I thought doing the clinic first would give her a chance to see if this was her thing or not. She loved it!
While I was listening to the coaches instruct the girls on their passes, I heard one say, "Focus on your target, if you don't focus on the target you will miss it everytime." I thought to myself....what an excellent lesson to teach these young girls, so practical and yet so profound! A lesson not only for sports but for many things in life. Whether it's for setting personal, professional, educational, financial, or relational goals you must focus on your target.
For me it was a spiritual lesson today. As a believer in Jesus Christ in order for me to achieve victory in my spiritual walk I must "focus on the target". God's Word tells me in Philippians 3:12-14 -"Not that I have already obtained it or have become perfect, but I press on that I may lay hold of that, for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus, Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." In other words Jesus is at the finish line and He is my target. I must focus on my target.
So, what is your target? Or maybe a better question would be, is it one worth focusing on?
Focusing on My target, (more to come...)

While I was listening to the coaches instruct the girls on their passes, I heard one say, "Focus on your target, if you don't focus on the target you will miss it everytime." I thought to myself....what an excellent lesson to teach these young girls, so practical and yet so profound! A lesson not only for sports but for many things in life. Whether it's for setting personal, professional, educational, financial, or relational goals you must focus on your target.
For me it was a spiritual lesson today. As a believer in Jesus Christ in order for me to achieve victory in my spiritual walk I must "focus on the target". God's Word tells me in Philippians 3:12-14 -"Not that I have already obtained it or have become perfect, but I press on that I may lay hold of that, for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus, Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." In other words Jesus is at the finish line and He is my target. I must focus on my target.
So, what is your target? Or maybe a better question would be, is it one worth focusing on?
Focusing on My target, (more to come...)

This gives me something to think about.
ReplyDelete